Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Proverbs...Wise Man I


The book of Proverbs. A wise man once discussed with me the pros of really getting into the book of Proverbs. It tells you how to be a man of integrity. A good son, husband, father, businessman. It teaches you how to be just and the importance of seeking wisdom. Right now it's important that I focus on becoming the man God needs me to be. Chapter one in the book of Proverbs is a great place to start. The forging of one's character begins with obedience. Then, as you become more concrete in your faithfulness, God will begin to take who you are and tear it down, so that He may fashion his own work in your spirit. I have far to go. I need humility, courage, wisdom, painful honesty, productiveness, patience, self-control, and many other virtues. God can certainly instill these traits into me. If I want them. He has made us creatures of free will. I want it bad. The acquisition, I suppose, is just all part of the truly...Classical Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment