Thursday, June 25, 2009

Go, God, Go!


Here goes my second blog on Ecuador, this time pre-existing just one day before the trip is made.


I have been waiting for more than half my life for tomorrow, Friday, June 26, 2009, 7:30 A.M. Now I'm not sure how to properly acknowledge or celebrate the emotion that defines the endeavor. It catalyzes feelings I've never experienced. It's strange, and I can't think about anything else.


I'm afraid I'll blow this opportunity for God to use me. It wouldn't be the first time, but this is the part where I release my faith and trust in who God is. He doesn't do things on accident.

To tell you the truth it feels like getting married. Not that I really have a grasp on what it feels like to get married, but living in this marriage-laden country I have a fingerhold. It's a moment of inexplicable elation but other emotions also release themselves forcibly into your demeanor. You are nervous, scared, paranoid and completely in love, which means you're hopeless, but relentless and passionate. You're afraid you won't be able to be what you need to be...and you can't be. You can't ever be. You have to call on something else inside. Bring to surface the nucleus of it all. I just don't want to ruin the beauty. At any given moment that is a possibility. I want to do everything to make it something special and memorable and impacting. I don't want to lose any of those goals, due to any slip of laziness or lack of preperation.


I apologize for my alleged over-exaggeration. You just don't understand.



I cannot worry about these things. God is behind it all. Even if I don't always feel it. The dispersion of the gospel...to stop is impossible. Acts 5:39 says this, "...if it is of God, you will not be able to stop them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God." In Luke 18:27 it says this, "What is impossible for people is possible with God."


This is the part where I almost lose words to say. I'm finished with my attempts to express how happy I am.


This is going to be the adventure of my life.


Ecuador, South America.




GO...GOD...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment