Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Psychosis"

This theory came about in a conversation I had with one of my Murray sisters Emily Anne. The following is an excerpt from an email I sent to my Best Friend Sarah Jane Murray, whom I often argue in favor of our 'psychosis' with She's always very patient with me there. Yet another justifiable theory.

"I totally have a new theory on what I call our psychosis, "details at eleven!" Or right now. Try this: Let's say as Christians, our minds rest in totally different school of thought than any 'normal' human being not affiliated with salvation. Let's say we are "swimming" in a 'out of this world' pool of mental capacities and uniquities, because of our constant supernatural contact with our Maker. Our divine relations rub off on us, and it accentuates the so harshly singular persona we were fashioned so carefully with. I think if we knew ourselves in the impossibly intimate way God does we would see how, astoundingly different, so SO different, we are. It's incredible how different he is capable of creating so many things. We don't realize it because we are constantly, and usually subconsciously conforming to one another. It isn't a bad thing, it's just an unavoidable thing. The difference in us, or the insanity/psychosis, is God. So yes indeed I've used the wrong words in attempting to convey our alien attributes, but now I'm brinking on what I accidentally meant. When we begin to grow closer to one another as people we begin to see just how "psychotic" we really are, it surprises us. It even sort of worries us, but when we realize it's our bond as the Body of Christ we embrace it, we even try to dive deeper into it. It's the definition of the real us that we can never fully grasp in this world. So I figure, that our challenge is not becoming different from the world, no that has already been done when we excepted Christ that was like BAM! Injection into our worldly souls. The trick now is illuminating it to where this perverse place we temporarily inhabit can see it clearly, and want that kind of supernatural surety. Just a thought. I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment