Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Essentials

Whatever place you may choose to read, it is always a smart move to take a look in the scriptures each morning before you start the day, if it's just one verse. With this in mind I've compiled so many verses and scripture together to make up my Essentials. The verses I've found so far to best prepare me for the day. This list is not constant, I've added to it several times and plan to continue. Here they are:

1. Ephesians 6:10-20/The armor of God, practical and perfect for the intro to any day. So that you will be able to stand the wiles of the devil.

2. 1 Corinthians 13/To remind me what love truly is, and it's vitality.

3. Jeremiah 29:11/Just in case I get the notion that God is against me or out to get me (my mind can go strange places. He has good thoughts and plans for me.

4. Psalm 139:7-12/This whole chapter sometimes gets my read. Such a great passage. These few verses explode with the omniprescent spirit of God. Inescapable. Love it!

5. Matthew 23:11, 12/Reminds me to participate in the greatest imitation of Christ. Servitude with humility on the side.

6. Romans 8:28/A promise. Everything works for good if we continue to love God and run after His purpose for us.

7. Romans 8:38, 39/My favorite promise from the Lord. It's impossible for us to seperate ourselves from the love of Christ. Nothing can!

8. Romans 12:2/The anti-conformity statement of the day. Be different! We are aliens and this is not our home. Change the culture don't let it change you. We have something to prove.

9. Phillipians 2:14, 15/I really need this one playing over and over in my head all day. Be blameless and shine bright.

10. Matthew 6:9-13/This is definitely one to be practiced everyday. The Lord's Prayer. We cannot up it with our own prayer so each day it should be entreatied to Heaven.

11. Proverb/The Proverbs have the best one month setup. Everyday would be ideal for each one. The Proverbs show you how to be a practically moral person, and give you precious wisdom.

So these are my essentials. Leave take or recommend, but definitely start a set for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment