Monday, December 14, 2009

Half and Half


Honestly I cannot think of a thing that is good in the subjective quantity of half. Whole almost always beats it. This line of thinking solves my half-caf decision in Burger King. If I know I'm getting caffiene why not go all in. And so turbo it is.




On a more crucial note, is the fractioned fame decision. No condemnation, it's just that we all want to take the credit for ourselves. We practically scavenge out the stuff. As Christians we ought to know better. And I mean WE. I go into stages and projects where my sole goal in my forethoughts is to give all the glory to God. But too often I'm wondering what good people will think of me. When I go in for the kill on a good deed, I'm thrilled at the prospect of my added "good kid" reputation. When a situation comes up I try to be the hero, knowing good and well that the best I can do for the situation is a prayer and not a punch in the nose. It's a tragedy to try and steal the dues of One who made any good deed you did possible. We all have to stop and ponder where the desire even came from to do the right thing. A tool is no good if it has left the hand for his own magnification.


With a sincere attempt and a sincere prayer, the half can become a whole. Humility feels good after you've worn it for a while. But you can't break it in unless you wear it.

1 comment:

  1. Mitch, you know I absolutely love this! I agree with it so much. It is to God be the glory to all and in all, Amen. He's the one we're running for. I love the picture you used. Once agian you have done it! So creative and innovative. I love your writing Mitch! Good show! :)

    ReplyDelete