Monday, September 7, 2009

Dangerous Ground

As soon as you are no longer ignorant of something, you are forced to make a choice.




These words are my own but given, stretched across a page in a notebook that was intended for something entirely unrelated to my periodical meditations. To me, pen and paper are precious instruments of beaching your inspirations onto an anchoring shore.


In reading this you are treading on dangerous ground. You are trapped by a choice. You cannot avoid it. If you discontinue this read you've made the choice to possibly miss out on something vital. As you go through the day you are exposed to choices you cannot possibly get out of. I would ask you to have the courage to make the right one.


Many will say I did not write with tact. Perhaps that I should not have been so straightforward. William Lloyd Garrison holds to my creed in announcing things that are our passion in saying:

“I will be as harsh as truth, and as uncompromising as justice. On this subject, I do not wish to think, or speak, or write, with moderation. No! no! Tell a man whose house is on fire, to give a moderate alarm; tell him to moderately rescue his wife from the hand of the ravisher; tell the mother to gradually extricate her babe from the fire into which it has fallen; -- but urge me not to use moderation in a cause like the present. I am in earnest -- I will not equivocate -- I will not excuse -- I will not retreat a single inch -- and I will be heard.”


It's been told to me that people die at such a rate that each time you breath out can represent a death somewhere across the globe. I could never justify my life in the end if I did not fiercely give everything I had towards ensuring that people know just how critical this situation has become. There are one additional quotes I would like to cite before officially saying what I want to say. Dietrich Bonhoeffer says this:


"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."


Certainly if Herr Bonhoeffer could act in the face of being executed I can act in such a free country as this. You see if you see a problem and you decide to simply remain silent and ignore it, you've still made a desicion. If you don't want to think about making a desicion right now, you've jut made a desicion. I'm going to act...


The truth is this: God absolutely did send his son Jesus Christ to this earth. He stayed for 33 years and performed many miraculous signs and he was crucified to take the sins of the world upon himself. He did rise from the grave and he is in heaven right now. You can either choose to accept him or you can choose not to. There is no alternative after you have read this. If you put it out of your head and never think about it again, you have chosen not to. If you take it to heart and you turn away from this perverse world, then you can have a freedom like nothing you've ever experienced and you can have a purpose like no one else can give. When you die you will live for eternity with him in Heaven. It is forever, it is paradise, and it is real. If you choose, and again you will have to, to deny this, not believe this, or curse these truths, when you die you will not spend eternity with him. The ONLY alternative is Hell. It's forever, it is torment, and it is real. For your soul's sake choose love! Choose Christ!


You've crossed dangerous ground. You are either in or out of trouble. My prayers are with you that you make the choice that leads towards Him.


3 comments:

  1. The definite is I've made that choice. The best one I could ever make. Praise the Lord! Your quotes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Words my friend. I just stumbled across your blog and glad I landed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a way of putting things! I mean I've heard people preach this before but never as strongly as you just did. I hope you're able to take your compassion for Christ and apply it to what you plan to do in your future. If not, it would surely be a loss.

    ReplyDelete